mardi 27 janvier 2009

Benoît

Well, it's now my turn to talk a little about me.

What makes me upset at the moment ?
  • The tons of plastic we use in everyday life, and by extension the lack of care people have for environment (and it's a person who throws nearly all his cigarettes to the ground when wandering in the streets who writes that...) ;
  • Trafficking : human trafficking, weapon trafficking, etc. (I haven't decided yet which was worse) ;
  • The coming of a more and more univocal media speech (I mean by that the recent fiasco of French public television) ;
  • The overrepresentation of the USA and the UK when dealing with English-speaking countries (I would like to hear about the other countries. What is happening in Canada, in New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, and Co at the moment?) ;
  • Lots of other things which Florence, Zoé and Lucie also disagree with.

Why am I upset with all that ?

And why wouldn't I ?..

No kidding...

  • I think our planet looks more and more like a trash can.
  • I think people are not to be considered as material that can be sold or traded, used and abused.
  • I think the use, manufacturing and selling of weapons should be strictly restricted.
  • I think we are heading towards an era of disinformation where mainstream media are held by a few people more interested in making money than actually informing people.
  • I think we hear too much about the traditional English-speaking couple. There must be things happening somewhere else in the English-speaking area that should be interesting to discuss.

I think the world is fucked up actually.

2 commentaires:

  1. Sorry that I tend to focus on the UK/US - as a native speaker, a lot of my job is to present my culture, but I appreciate the need for diversity!

    If you want to check out a cool New Zealandish (..?) series, look up Flight of the Conchords. It's a great show about a couple of New Zealanders trying to succeed with their band in New York - very funny, and great music!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I agree on your disagrements Benoit (woaw, this sounds really cool), specially about lack of infos on countries which are "mediatically unattractive" but still are of interest for a lot of us.
    Thanks god we have Internet and some extra motivated people willing to fill this lack.
    I'm afraid we wont live long enough to witness Jean-Pierre Pernaud talk about the environmental issues in New Zealand on Television Fucking 1... (Or JP Pernault wont be alive long enough...go figure)

    Way to go with your blog guys, it feels good to read a little bit of massive disagreement sometimes!

    RépondreSupprimer